Need help getting enough fibre? Try these fibrous and easy to make bran muffins! (No electric beater required!). Add it to your breakfast or grab it as a snack! The fibre will keep you full and help keep you regular! Wheat bran not only contains B vitamins, minerals and some protein, but also has soluble fibre – which forms a gel in your gut trapping some cholesterol and removing it 🤯! So why not try these yummy muffins that can improve gut health along with your heart health ❤!
- 1 ½ cups (87g) wheat bran
- 1 ⅓ cups (165g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (68g) sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground (optional)
- 1 ⅓ cup (330 ml) 2% milk
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) canola oil
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine wheat bran, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set it aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine milk, egg and oil with a whisk. Add dry ingredients and stir only until combined.
- Scoop batter evenly into twelve muffin pan cups greased with cooking spray or lined with paper muffin liners. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until a fork/toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Serve warm.
⚠ Always remember to increase fibre intake slowly and to have more water when you have more fibre to avoid discomfort! Talk to a dietitian to find out if you are having enough.
Nutrition Information (per muffin):
161kcal / 4g protein / 23g carbohydrate / 3.5g fibre / 7g healthy fat
Photo Credit: AllBran