Ever wanted to have a creamy garlic chicken without all the saturated fat from cream? Well now you can! Try our new recipe where we use 2% milk instead of heavy cream and still manage to get a nice creamy texture!
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large pot, heat canola oil.
- In a separate bowl combine spices together and spread it over chicken pieces.
- Sear the chicken pieces on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the low sodium broth and stir to incorporate everything together (including any flavours stuck to the bottom of the pot).
- Cover with a lid, and cook for around 15-20 minutes until chicken is well done.
- In a bowl or cup, whisk the cornstarch into the milk and add it to the cooked chicken.
- Saute on a medium to high heat, stirring occasionally, until your desired sauce thickness is reached (~5 mins).
- Serve with a side of lightly roasted green beans, broccoli or asparagus.
*Add mushrooms to add both flavour and some fibre.
Nutritional information (per serving):
175 kcal / 27g protein / 4.4g carbohydrate / 4.7g fat
Photo credit: Salt & Lavender