With autumn finally here and the leaves changing colour, why not cozy up on the couch with a bowl of quinoa that’s as red and orange as the season itself? This recipe is chock full of protein, vitamin C, folate, and fibre. The best part? The balance of protein and healthy carbs makes it a wonderful meal item choice, so be generous and share this goodness with family and friends 😉
You will need:
- 1 cup of quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 cup of red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup of green onion, chopped
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Add quinoa and 2 cups of water to a small pot.
- Cook quinoa over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Quickly lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Drain any excess fluid and place the remaining quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add drained and rinsed black beans, red peppers, sweet corn, grape tomatoes, and green onion to quinoa. Stir with large wooden spoon to combine ingredients together well.
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining lime juice, olive oil, and salt in a very small bowl. Whisk and add to the other ingredients.
- Divide into four and serve 😊
Nutritional information (per serving):
275 kcal / 11g protein / 46g carbohydrate / 6.5g fat
Photo credit: Marco Verch