When I have guests come over or I’m feeling hungry and I need a quick salad to prep, I always choose this one. It’s filled with veggies giving it fibre, vibrancy, and vitamins, and the chickpeas add some protein. Try it yourself and let us know how you liked it.
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat pasta shells
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 ½ (375ml) cup canned chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- ½ zucchini, diced (optional)
- 1-2 bell peppers (red/yellow/orange), diced
- ½ cup corn kernels (frozen or drained, rinsed canned corn)
- In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta for ~8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl combine yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Add pasta, diced vegetables and corn.
- Mix and toss to coat dressing over salad. Enjoy and share!
Nutrition Information (per serving):
165 cal / 7g protein / 33g carbohydrate / 5g fibre / 2g healthy fats
Photo credit: veganhuggs