When I come home from a long day and want to make something quick, yet healthy, fresh and tasty – I make honey garlic salmon! With ingredients that can be found in our fridge and cupboards, and a short cooking time, dinner will be ready in minutes! High in protein, healthy omega fats, and a good source of vitamin D!
- 2 tsp (10ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (15ml) low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10ml) canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 4 salmon fillets (4-5 oz or 150g each)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Season salmon fillets with a mixture of honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, pepper, paprika and thyme. Let fillets marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge, covered.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, and saute garlic for 1 minute. Add salmon fillets, along with the marinade into the pan. Cook each side for 4 minutes, while periodically basting the top of the fillets with the marinade.
- Place fillets in a baking sheet,and broil the salmon in the oven for another 5-6 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with sliced lemons, and drizzle with any extra marinade.
*Tip* Great with a side of steamed greens and a whole grain such as bulgur, quinoa or wild rice.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
256kcal / 25g protein / 3.8g carbohydrate / 12g healthy fat
Photo Credit: Cafe Delites