The cold weather is here and it’s here to stay, so what better way to warm yourself up than with a hearty soup! This red lentil and spinach soup is not only tasty but healthy with loads of nutrients such as iron, fibre, folate, protein, vitamin A and more. Fibre from the spinach, and protein from the lentils will keep you full, while the spices will give you a burst of flavour in your mouth! Super easy to make as well!
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ inch ginger, chopped (or ½ tsp ginger paste)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (or ½ tsp garlic paste)
- 2 cups (60g) fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 cup ( 200g) red lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups (500ml) water or vegetable broth (adjust for thickness)
Follow 3 Easy Steps:
- Place diced onion, frozen or fresh spinach and lentils into a large pot.
- Add water or vegetable broth. Then add all the spices, along with ginger and garlic.
- Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes or until cooked. For a pressure cooker, cook for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
126kcal / 9g protein / 22g carbohydrate / 0g fat
Photo Credit: iFoodreal