Want a fun dish to try this week? Chicken fajitas can be a wonderful part of a balanced diet! This meal provides a large portion of spiced chicken full of protein and great vegetables like onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers to keep anyone satisfied 😉. Don’t feel shy to switch it up, too – if you’re not the biggest fan of the veggies we’ve chosen, consider others instead. Almost all vegetables are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fibre, so you can’t go wrong with mixing it up a bit 🕺🏽. Brown rice and its wonderful whole grain goodness is another great addition too. Let us know what you’ve decided to add to your dish in the comments!
- 1 1/2 lbs (750g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 8 tortillas or pitas
1. Combine 4 tbsp of the oil, juice, garlic paste, and spices in a bowl and stir. Add chicken breast slices and coat meat with the marinade. Cover and place in fridge for an hour.
2. Once chicken has marinated, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat in a large pan. Cook chicken for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through to make sure it is cooked well on both sides.
3. Add onion, tomato, and bell pepper to chicken. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes until vegetables have softened.
4. Take off heat and happily serve over tortillas or pitas ☺ Consider adding some condiments as well to enhance the flavour, as well as brown rice to provide more healthy carbs to this fantastic meal.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
309 kcal / 27g protein / 15g carbs (with 2g of fibre) / 13g healthy fat
Photo credit: Ready Set Eat