A great way to start your day is with a parfait. It’s sweet, fulfilling, has protein and fibre! This recipe makes extra granola so you can use it in other recipes. Make it into a trail mix by adding dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, raisins, figs etc). Or sprinkle it on cereal, oatmeal, smoothie, or salad.
Tip: Make the granola ahead of time, so all that’s left is assembling. Or assemble it all in advance, cover it, and store in the fridge for up to a day.
- 1-2 cups oats (old fashioned/large flake/steel-cut/rolled)
- ⅔ cup nuts of your choice, chopped
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 4 tbsp (¼ cup) 100% maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp canola oil
- Optional: ½ cup pumpkin/sunflower seeds
- Optional: 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 cups (1L) plain low fat yogurt (2% or less)
- 3 cups fresh berries or peach (fruit of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Then mix in maple syrup and canola oil, making sure to coat everything evenly.
- Spread mixture flat on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until golden brown), stirring half-way through the baking time. Let it cool.
- Layer ¼ cup granola with ¾ cup yogurt. Sprinkle a bit more granola overtop, and top with fresh berries.
- Serve cold, or cover and keep in the fridge until morning.
Nutritional information (per 1 cup parfait):
348cal / 17g protein / 40g carbohydrate including 7g fibre / 12g healthy fat
#parfait #yogurt #healthyfood #fitness #food #foodie #instafood #parfaits #nutrition #sweets #granola #smoothiebowl #breakfast #healthybreakfast #dietitian #berries #healthyliving #healthyrecipes #health #healthyrecipe