This easy-to-make dish is a family favourite that we can’t wait to share with all of you 🙂. Quesadillas are a colourful addition to your weekly food plan – and a healthy one too! This strong source of protein is packed with veggies and cheese, making it not only a fun dinner choice but a complete meal option as well 😉. These are super quick to make so whip up a few for your family and friends and let us know what you think in the comments!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 can (17 oz/500 mL) black beans or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red chilli powder
- 1 cup nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 4 soft tortillas
- Drain and rinse black beans in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan on high heat. Add onions and stir until they start to become soft and almost clear in colour.
- Turn heat down to medium-high and add beans, corn, red pepper, as well as cumin and red chilli powder. Stir for about 4 minutes.
- Remove mixture and heat the first tortilla on the saucepan. Add ¼ cup of your cheese on top along with ¼ of the mixture on half of the tortilla. Fold over the other half and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Happily serve 🙂.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
350 kcal / 20g protein / 50g carbs / 6g healthy fats
Photo credit: Lauren Allgood, Pinterest