This colourful dish is a whole darn meal! As you know, it’s important to try and have veggies, grains, and protein with meals. Imagine getting all of that in one single recipe? Sounds almost too good to be true, eh 🤔 But we swear we’re telling the truth. There are a bunch of wonderful nutrients in each part of this recipe –the chickpeas, in particular, are a great source of folate. They’re also packed with protein, making this a great recipe for vegans and vegetarians. The veggies pack a punch too (providing you with Vitamin A and C) and the couscous gives some protein as well. So go ahead and enjoy this tasty meal with no regrets 🙏🏽 Let us know what you think in the comments!
1 cup instant couscous
1 ½ cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp salt
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup peas
1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1. Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large pan.
2. Add garlic paste and heat for a minute.
3. Add vegetables (broccoli, red bell pepper, peas) and spices (salt, red chilli pepper). Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add stock, chickpeas, and couscous. Let cook for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from stovetop and let sit for about 10 minutes.
6. Use a fork to “fluff” the couscous. This means breaking up any clumps (who likes clumpy couscous, am I right?).
7. Happily serve ☺.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
370 kcal / 20g protein / 55g carbs (with 13g of fibre!) / 7g healthy fats
Photo credit: Erren’s Kitchen