To all the curry lovers out there (like me :P), you have to try this cashew chicken curry! It’s simple to make, only requiring 3 spices (chili powder, garam masala and black pepper), uses healthy fats, and lean poultry. Enjoy it with whole wheat chapati or brown rice along with your choice of cooked vegetables like gobi (cooked cauliflower), okra or eggplant.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 skinless chicken breast (1lbs), cubed
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- ⅓ cup cashews (or almonds), soaked in warm water (or use 2 tbsp of cashew powder)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garam masala
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté onions on medium-high heat till soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste, and saute for 1 minute. Add chicken and sauté until its color starts changing to white (~2-3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, blend yogurt, soaked nuts (or cashew powder) and black pepper. Set aside.
- Add chili powder and salt to the chicken. Mix well and cook for 1 minute. Add the yogurt-nut blend and mix well. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Once chicken is tender, add garam masala and cook for another 2-5 minutes. Serve hot!
Nutrition Information (per serving):
218kcal / 26g protein / 9.5g carbohydrate / 9g healthy fat
Photo credit: Twosleevers